Follow conventional tourist routes and include accommodation in budget hotels where these are available.
Day 1:Arrival in Nairobi at 2.00 pm and transferred to Rock House (www.rockhousekaren.com).
1. Walk to the Giraffe Centre (approx. 3 hrs to & fro) to learn about conservation and close interaction with giraffes
2. Bird watching.
After dinner briefing by our naturalist guide/instructor.
Overnight at Rock House - Karen
Day 2: Drive from Nairobi to Masai Mara arriving at Mara Springs Safari Camp. (www.maraspringscamp.com)
1. Stop over at a breath taking Rift Valley view point for lecture on its formation different features.
2. Lecture on Masai Cultural history and socio economic impact brought about by civilisation.
3. Learn about the habits of the Masai people - Use of plants etc
4. Evening Game Drive in the world famous Masai Mara Game Reserve
5. Learn about the various wildlife, their habits and habitats.
6. From July to September, the Mara is home to the great wildebeest migration from Tanzania.
Overnight at Mara Springs Safari Camp.
Day 3: Morning and evening game drive in the park.
1. Take an extensive tour of the Masai Mara.
2. Search for the Big 5.
3. Learn about the game - animals and birds
4. Picnic lunch at the Hippo Pool where you can watch hippos gracefully swim or bask lazily.
Dinner and overnight at the Camp.
Day 4: Drive from Masai Mara to Lake Naivasha - a fresh water lake at the base of the Rift Valley.
1. Morning Game drive in Masai
2. Learn the Ecology of Lake Naivasha - Fishing and horticultural activities
3. Boat ride with hippos
4. Learn about the birds species
5.Walk in near by cresent Island
Day 5: 2 optional visit to Hell's gate Game Park.
Activities at Hell's gate:
1. Walk or bike among game
2. Geothermal power generation plant tour.
3. Walk in gorges and studying the geysers.
Drive back to Nairobi.